So, I got my digital copy of Smut Peddler 2 and just up and decided to make an ad for it.
Opening titles of the movie Barbarella, with Jane Fonda, directed by Roger Vadim (1968).
COMICS ALLIANCE PRESENTS ‘KATE OR DIE’ IN ‘TOP PICK’ FOR BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE
By Kate Leth
Welcome to the latest episode of ComicsAlliance Presents “Kate or Die,” a series of exclusive comic strips created by one of our favorite cartoonists, Kate Leth! In this episode, Kate explains why the film adaptation of Archie Comics’ Josie And The Pussycats is the best movie ever.
READ MORE KATE OR DIE EXCLUSIVELY AT COMICS ALLIANCE
Jodie and the Pussycats is a lot of fun
Malika Favre illusrations
Malika Favre is a french illustrator/art director based in East London.
Favre is genial creating a great power communication with such a few contour lines.
In her works she uses clean curved lines, waves of light and games of primary colours.
She’s worked on a variety of projects: spanning editorial, advertising and publishing for clients such as Vogue, The New Yorker, Penguin Books, Volcom and Gucci.
Lucien Clergue, first photographer to be elected to the Académie des Beaux Arts in Paris, has published more than 75 books and numerous films. The artist’s life was made by encounters and friendships, his images of Picasso, Cocteau or St John Perse bear witness to these intimate exchanges between exceptional souls. Awaiting the opening of Lucien Clergue’s official website, please consider these pages as the only authorized website. Original photographs by Lucien Clergue are on sale at Galerie Patrice Trigano in Paris, and through this website. They are all silver gelatin prints, vintage or modern, numbered and signed by the artist, printed in his own studio in Arles (France).
Happy Birthday, Samuel R. Delany, born 1 April 1942
Seven Quotes On Writing
- It’s frightening for one artist to see another one, any other one, turn away from art.
- The pulp hero, though he may be a renegade, is a guy who doesn’t feel. Anything. Ever. And for the adolescent male — pummeled by emotions left and right, whether arising from sexuality or resulting from his necessary encounters with authority — this hero is a blessing, a relief and a release. The world he lives in, where feelings are totally under control, looks to the adolescent boy like heaven!
- The story process is like taking up such a piece of gossip, hunting down the people actually involved, questioning them, finding out what really occurred, and visiting pertinent locations. As with gossip, you can’t be too surprised if important things turn up that were left out of the first-heard version entirely; or if points initially made much of turn out to have been distorted, or simply not to have happened at all.
- The factors controlling a writer’s popularity are as mysterious and ultimately as unknowable as the number of stars in the sky
- Words mean things. When you put them together they speak. Yes, sometimes they flatten out and nothing they say is real, and that is one kind of magic. But sometimes a vision will rip up from them and shriek and clank wings clear as the sweat smudge on the paper under your thumb. And that is another kind.
- Good writing is clear. Talented writing is energetic. Good writing avoids errors. Talented writing makes things happen in the reader’s mind—-vividly, forcefully.
- As a prose writer, I work with language; and those who work with language turn to poetry for renewal.
Delany is an American author, professor and literary critic. His latest novel, Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders was published in 2012.
Source for Image
by Amanda Patterson for Writers Write
My girlfriend brought me a bunch of roses for our anniversary.
She thought there was some horrible irony in bringing me pictures of other attractive ladies (and guns n roses vocalists), I reckon it was metal as hell bringing me other the heads of other women like trophies.
Top tier GF.
Disclaimer: not all men insist on solving my problems for me, and I do appreciate helpful people in general… BUT, there are also often dudes who aggressively try to take over situations and won’t take no for an answer. If you’ve ever experienced this, you know how annoying it can be!